I sat down with La Comadre, RaqC to talk about her journey into the entertainment industry, and let me tell you her radio career has been anything but easy. At an early age, she picked up and left her family to pursue her first radio job in Palm Springs. Eventually, she would also leave the love of her life (at the time) for an amazing opportunity in Chicago. RaqC explains that being put in uncomfortable situations helped her grow into the unstoppable women she is today. There’s so much to learn from this conversation with RaqC — let me know what you take away from the interview.
– 00:18 // The importance of loving life, even when there’s nothing special happening.
– 02:30 // Interning at Power106.
– 03:31 // Leaving her family to work in Palm Springs & first radio job.
– 11:56 // Leaving the morning show for the street team. Working an event with Adan Sanchez.
– 16:24 // Moving to Chicago to do radio.
– 19:56 // Choosing between the love of her life and her career.
– 33:19 // General market and ultimate goal.
– 38:41 // Paying it forward — empowering women.
– 48:47 // Don’t get caught up in the glitz & glam — do the work!
– 49:00// MANIFESTING
Subscribe to the #VISIONARIESNewsletter here.